I plan on reading many classics during this time period so this challenge, put together by Becky of Becky’s Book Reviews, is perfect.
The rules are clear and simple: read for (or more) books from the categories below. There are 4 options in which to work with these categories. For all the details and to sign up go here.
Option A. Read alphabetically A-Z with authors OR titles OR a blend of authors/titles.
Option B. Choose one author to read exclusively for this challenge.
Option C. Do as many books from the checklist as you can.
Option D. Make the challenge completely your own and read as YOUR whimsy dictates.
I am choosing Option C.
This year’s checklist:
- _ A book that was originally published serially
- _ book published between 1837-1840
- _ book published between 1841-1850
- _ book published between 1851-1860
- _ book published between 1861-1870
- _ book published between 1871-1880
- _ book published between 1881-1890
- _ book published between 1891-1901
- _ nonfiction published between 1837-1860
- _ nonfiction published between 1861-1901
- _ A book published between 1902-1999 with a Victorian setting
- _ A book published between 2000-2018 with a Victorian setting
- _ A fiction or nonfiction book about Queen Victoria
- _ Biography of a Victorian
- _ Nonfiction book about the Victorian era
- _ free choice
- _ place name in the title-The Bostonians
- _ character name in the title
- _ book in a series
- _ drama or melodrama
- _ gothic, suspense, mystery
- _ romance or historical
- _ comedy
- _ science fiction or fantasy
- _ adventure, crime, western
- _ poetry collection OR story collection
- _ happily ever after
- _ unhappily ever after
- _ children’s book
- _ translated into English from another language
- _ a book under 250 pages
- _ book over 500 pages
- _ a book over 800 pages
- _ A book that has been filmed as movie, miniseries, or television show
- _ memorable heroine
- _ memorable hero
- _ British author
- _ Irish author OR Irish setting
- _ Scottish author OR Scottish setting
- _ American author – The Bostonians, Henry James
- _ reread
- _ book with a subtitle (the longer the better!)