“Read more nonfiction” is one of my goals in 2018, so I am happy to join in on this challenge.
Created by Katie of Doing Dewey here are the details and the sign up page.
Rather than a set amount of books or categories, Katie provides suggestions on how you might structure the challenge, but you can create your own goal. Since I am working on a personal American Civil War challenge and other 19th century histories and monographs, this is a perfect challenge for me. I also plan to include more contemporary nonfiction on a variety of subjects.
The challenge also includes quarterly group reads and ‘Twitter Chats.’
This is only a partial list. When I review a book on my blog, I will come back here and link the url.
- Silence: In the Age of Noise, Erling Kagge, trans. from the Norwegian by Becky L. Crook.
- Our Hearts were Young and Gay, Cornelia Otis Skinner (1942).
- Radium Girls, Kate Moore (2017).
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration, Isabel Wilkerson (2010).
- From Battlefields Rising: How The Civil War Transformed American Literature, Randall Fuller (2010).
- Civil War Wives: The Lives & Times of Angelina Grimke Weld, Varina Howell Davis & Julia Dent Grant, Carol Berkin (2009.
- Eden’s Outcasts, John Matteson (2007).
- Hello Girls: America’s First Women Soldiers, Elizabeth Cobbs (2017)