This will be my second year with this challenge. In 2017 I didn’t quite get all 12, because I wasn’t thrilled with all the categories. This year I love all of them!
Run by Karen at Karen’s Books and Chocolate, all the details are here where you can also sign up.
And here are the categories for the 2018 Back to the Classics Challenge and my choices:
1. A 19th century classic – Jo’s Boys, Louisa May Alcott (1886)
2. A 20th century classic – O Pioneers!, Willa Cather (1913)
3. A classic by a woman author – Mary Barton, Elizabeth Gaskell (1848)
4. A classic in translation– Swiss Family Robinson, Johann David Wyss (1812)
5. A children’s classic – Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Kate Douglas Wiggin (1903)
6. A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction – 10 Little Indians, Agatha Christie (1940)
7. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction – Our Hearts were Young and Gay, Cornelia Otis Skinner (1942)
8. A classic with a single-word title – Emma, Jane Austen (1815)
11. A classic that scares you – Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen, (1813)
12. Re-read a favorite classic – Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte (1847)