The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
The Rules (are pretty simple)!
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year, so no books published in 2017. You can read the books in any order.
2. You can include two alternates as ‘saves’ in case there are two books on your list you just cannot get through. Fiction, non, poetry, plays, essay collections, audio books, graphic novels are eligible.
3. Create your list, then sign-up with Mr. Linky on the challenge page. As you review each book turn the title into the hot link to your review.
For all the bits I missed go to Roof Beam Reader’s Challenge page here.
My list of 12 include several books I am really excited to finally read!
1. Rebecca, Daphne Du Maurier (1938)
2. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1813)
3. O Pioneers!, Willa Cather (1913)
4. South Riding, Winifred Holtby (1936)
5. Jude the Obscure, Thomas Hardy (1895)
6. Christina Alberta’s Father, H.G. Wells (1925)
7. Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde (1890)
8. Green Dolphin Street, Elizabeth Goudge (1944)
9. Jo’s Boys, Louisa May Alcott (1886)
10. Mary Barton, Elizabeth Gaskell (1848)
11. Mistress of the Art Death, Ariana Franklin (2007)
12. The Bostonians, Henry James (1886)
1. Room with a View, E.M. Forster (1908)
2. Mistress Masham’s Repose, T.H. White (1946)