This is a challenge to read the books you already own in order to reduce that teetering, to falling over ‘to be read’ pile. I have amassed a large pile of classics that I hope to get through this year…um, so I can buy more 🙂
Hosted by Bev of My Reader’s Block, she asks that you choose a level to start, but you can upgrade as you surpass that level’s maximum.
Pike’s Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s
I am going to choose Mount Blanc, but I will surprised if I don’t step up to at least the next one!
For more information and to sign up, go here.
- Ruth Hall (1855), Fanny Fern
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1943), Betty Smith
- The Bronze Bow (1961), Elizabeth George Speare
- Where Angels Fear to Tread (1905), E.M. Forster
- The Land of Little Rain (1903), Mary Austin
- Ethan Frome (1911), Edith Wharton
- Mrs. Miniver (1939). Jan Struther
- The House of Mirth (1905), Edith Wharton
- Peace Breaks Out (1981), John Knowles
- Northanger Abbey (1817), Jane Austen