When I saw this challenge, I just had to join in if only to declare, “I support my city library!!”
I absolutely love my library. I am there almost every week and many of the books I read for my blog come from it or one of the country libraries. I remember when my grandparents moved here and the library was just built, we all had to come over and take a tour. Now I live here. I hope the GPs know I am carrying on the tradition 🙂
Co-hosted by Angela of Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and Bea of Bea’s Book Nook the Challenge runs throughout 2017 and the goal is to read a minimum of 12 books, but there is no maximum. You can choose one of these four levels:
- Dewey Decimal: read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: read 36 books
- Library Card on Fire: read 50+ books
— Any book, ebook, or audio from the library.
— Books can be any genre.
— Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads
— Write a review – 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences
I have decided not to choose a level in advance, because I am curious to know just how many books I might read from the library in a year.
For more information and to sign up go here.
- The Heroines of Mercy Street : The Real Nurses of the Civil War, by Pamela D. Toler posted 1/20/17.
- The Wonder, by Emma Donoghue. Posted on 2/7/17
- Searching for Sunday: Loving Leaving and Finding the Church, by Rachel Held Evans. Goodreads 4/15/17
- Upstream: Selected Essays, by Mary Oliver. Posted on 6/13/17
- History of Wolves, by Emily Fridlund. Goodreads 6/17/17
- Norse Mythology, by Neil Gaiman. posted on 8/11/17
- The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures, by The Library of Congress. posted on 9/8/17
- The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying, by Nina Riggs
- The Norse Myths: A Guide to Viking and Scandinavian Gods and Heroes by Carolyne Larrington, Goodreads 10/12/17
- Once Upon a Time in the North, by Philip Pullman Goodreads 9/3/17
- Fever 1793, by Laurie Halse. Goodreads 9/13/17
- The Nature Principal, by Richard Louv. Goodreads 10/12/17
- Being a Dog: Following the Dog into a World of Smell, Alexandra Horowitz. Goodreads 10/12/17