Karen at Books and Chocolate is hosting this challenge where you read a specific genre of classics (fiction, a translated book, sci/fi, etc.) each month.
And get this perk if you finish –“ one lucky winner will receive a $30 prize from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!” Yes, ma’am, I am giving it my best shot!
- Complete six categories, and you get one entry in the drawing
- Complete nine categories, and you get two entries in the drawing
- Complete all twelve categories, and you get three entries in the drawing
Go here for more information and to sign up.
Here are the categories and the titles of my choice:
ETA: I was only able to get to 6 out of the 12, but I am very happy with what I read for this challenge.
1. A 19th Century Classic – War of the Worlds (1898), H.G. Wells
2. A 20th Century Classic – A Separate Peace (1959), John Knowles
3. A classic by a woman author –Summer (1917), Edith Wharton
7. A fantasy, science fiction, or dystopian classic – Looking Backward (1888), Edward Bellamy
9. A classic which includes the name of a place in the title – The Blue Castle (1926), L.M. Montgomery
10. A classic which has been banned or censored – The Witch of Blackbird Pond (1958, Elizabeth George Spear. Challenged for promoting witchcraft and violence.