Can anyone resist a CC Spin? I know I can’t, even though I have very spotty success. I did finish the last one, albeit a few days late. But I did finish!
For the uninitiated:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Sunday, 12th June.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 7th August, 2022.
- If you need more information on the Spin go here. If you don’t know and want to know, “What in the heck is the Classics Club?” Go here.
I am a moody reader, so in order of my mood at the moment, here is my list.
- Emily of New Moon, LM Montgomery
- My Antonia, Willa Cather
- Vanity Fair, William Thackeray
- The War in the Air, HG Wells
- Life with Father, Clarence Day
- Innocents Abroad, Mark Twain
- The Mayor of Casterbridge, Thomas Hardy
- Other Things Being Equal, Emma Wolf
- Oil!, Upton Sinclair
- The Egoist, George Meredith
- Brave New World, Aldus Huxley
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
- The Odd Women, George Gissing
- Mary Barton, Elizabeth Gaskell
- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
- The Mill on the Floss, George Eliot
- Evelina, Frances Burney
- Death Comes for the Archbishop, Willa Cather
- Daddy-Long Legs, Jean Webster
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Kate Douglas Wiggin