This is one of the most satisfying classic literature challenges. Hosted again for the 9th year by Karen at Books and Chocolate, it is so much fun to match titles to her categories. For more information you can go here.
This is my list, which is subject change as the year, and my tastes, go by!
1. A 19th century classic. Cranford, Elisabeth Gaskell
2. A 20th century classic. Maurice, EM Forster
3. A classic by a woman author. Daddy-Long Legs, Jean Webster
4. A classic in translation. Ponniyin Selvan (Tamil), Kalki Krishmurthy
5. A classic by BIPOC author. Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda
6. Mystery/Detective/Crime Classic. The Hound of the Baskervilles, Si Arthur Conan Doyle
7. A Classic Short Story Collection. Short Stories, Edith Wharton
8. Pre-1800 Classic. Evelina, Fanny Burney
9. A Nonfiction Classic. Innocents Abroad, Mark Twain
10. Classic That’s Been on Your TBR List the Longest. Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens
11. Classic Set in a Place You’d Like to Visit. Pot Luck, Emile Zola
12. Wild Card Classic. Ivanhoe, Walter Scott